Portuguese Mom's Rabanadas Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesTue, Apr 13, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
8 slices of bread, 3 days old (each 1 finger thick)1 cup of milk3 tablespoons of sugar1 lemon peel 2 cinnamon sticks2 eggsOil, to fryGround cinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Heat the milk, 3 tablespoons of sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Leave the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks in the milk until cool.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Pass each slice of bread through the milk and drain it to eliminate excess milk.
- Pass each slice through the egg and fry them in very hot oil.
- Remove and let them drain well on absorbent paper.
- Arrange them on a platter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!