Portuguese Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá Recipe
Posted in: SeafoodTue, Apr 13, 2021
5 out of 5 with 19 ratings
Views: 32992 - Comments 12
1 lb of salted cod 5 medium potatoes2 onions, cut into thin slices2 garlic cloves, chopped1 bay leaf3 boiled eggs, slicedOlive oil (to taste)Parsley (to taste)Milk (to taste)Black olives (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Soak the cod for 4 hours in a bowl with 4 liters of water.
- Boil the cod with enough milk to cover it and let it steep for about 1 hour, then drain the cod and shred it with your hands removing skin and bones.
- Boil the potatoes and the eggs in water with salt to taste.
- In the meantime, saute the onions, garlic and the bay leaf, in quite a bit of olive oil.
- Add the drained shredded cod to the onions and cook for a few minutes, stirring.
- After the potatoes are cooked, remove skin and cut them into slices.
- Add the potatoes and the chopped parsley to the cod and cook for about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC or 400ºF.
- Pour everything into a casserole dish, add the olives and the eggs on top and bake for about 10 minutes.
Recipe & Photo Credit: desastresculinarios.blogspot.pt
Midge - 1 Year ago
Love this dish...I buy it every week from a Portuguese market! I bought my cod yesterday to try today. It looks the same as their store bought...yummy!
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Glad to hear Midge.
1 Year ago (+0) (-0)
Donna Isherwood - 1 Year ago
I really am excited to try the Portuguese Bacalhau a’ . I’ve eaten it but never made it .. Thanks for the recipe 💞. I love to try new recipes and I’m Portuguese but not good at making Portuguese meals !! Thanks for the recipes !!👍❤️