Gorete's Portuguese Squash Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soup RecipesFri, Nov 27, 2015
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 21412 - Comments 0
1 medium sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into large chunks6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into thick slices1 large onion, sliced3 whole garlic cloves, peeled4 cups of chicken broth (sodium reduced)2 teaspoons of salt (or to taste)1 tablespoon of olive oil1⁄4 teaspoon of ground cumin1⁄2 teaspoon of paprikaPepperCold water Get Portuguese ingredients
- To a large pot add all of the vegetables, spices, oil and broth.
- Add enough cold water to the pot to just cover the vegetables.
- Simmer the soup until the vegetables are tender.
- With a hand blender, puree the soup on low until creamy and lump free.
- Note: If you prefer a vegetarian version, simply substitute a vegetable broth or water.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete, Food.com