This delicious Portuguese garlic and beer shrimp recipe (receita de camarões com cerveja e alho) is easy to make.
12 large shrimp5 cloves of garlic, chopped1 bay leafJuice if 1 lemon1 teaspoon of brown sugar1 tablespoon of butter5 tablespoons of beer1/2 of a chili pepperSalt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Coriander (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Season the shrimp with salt, lemon juice, chili pepper and garlic.
- Let it marinade for about 30 minutes (If the shrimp is frozen, let them thaw in this marinade).
- Place a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the bay leaf and fry the shrimp, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the marinade sauce to the skillet together with the beer.
- Add the butter and sugar (to remove some of the acidity from the lemon and beer) and let it evaporate a little.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the marinade and sprinkle with coriander before serving.
Please Leave a Comment
Making this recipe tonight. Ummmm which is it? Lemon or Lime. Read the recipe directions to see why i'm confused.
3 Months ago, Saturday, April 2, 2022
Can not wait to try it
6 Months ago, Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Thank you so much!!! Your recipe is super😋😋😋
9 Months ago, Tuesday, October 12, 2021