This delicious Portuguese garlic and beer shrimp recipe (receita de camarões com cerveja e alho) is easy to make.
|Preparation time||40 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
12 large shrimp5 cloves of garlic, chopped1 bay leafJuice if 1 lemon1 teaspoon of brown sugar1 tablespoon of butter5 tablespoons of beer1/2 of a chili pepperSalt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Coriander (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Season the shrimp with salt, lemon juice, chili pepper and garlic.
- Let it marinade for about 30 minutes (If the shrimp is frozen, let them thaw in this marinade).
- Place a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the bay leaf and fry the shrimp, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the marinade sauce to the skillet together with the beer.
- Add the butter and sugar (to remove some of the acidity from the lemon and beer) and let it evaporate a little.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the marinade and sprinkle with coriander before serving.
Making this recipe tonight. Ummmm which is it? Lemon or Lime. Read the recipe directions to see why i'm confused.
1 year ago, Saturday, April 2, 2022
Can not wait to try it
1 year ago, Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Thank you so much!!! Your recipe is super😋😋😋
2 years ago, Monday, October 11, 2021
You might also like:
Portugal is one of the world's most beautiful countries! From boating on the Algarve Coast to exploring the castles of Sintra, Portugal offers so much variety to experience and witness! Where is your favorite place...
This list of the top 5 Portuguese desserts was compiled by Michael Costa according to his individual taste, don't count the calories lol.
What is Cincinnati chili? Cincinnati chili is a type of chili that originated in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. It is a unique style of chili that differs from traditional Texas-style chili.