Portuguese Garlic & Beer Shrimp Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Apr 27, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
12 large shrimp5 cloves of garlic, chopped1 bay leafJuice if 1 lemon1 teaspoon of brown sugar1 tablespoon of butter5 tablespoons of beer1/2 of a chili pepperSalt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Coriander (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Season the shrimp with salt, lemon juice, chili pepper and garlic.
- Let it marinade for about 30 minutes (If the shrimp is frozen, let them thaw in this marinade).
- Place a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the bay leaf and fry the shrimp, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the marinade sauce to the skillet together with the beer.
- Add the butter and sugar (to remove some of the acidity from the lime and beer) and let it evaporate a little.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Drizzle the shrimp with the marinade and sprinkle with coriander before serving.