Portuguese Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Apr 30, 2021
0 out of 5 with ratings
3 cloves of garlic, chopped1 can (400 gr) of peeled tomatoes1 can (185 gr) of chopped mushrooms1 can (150 gr) of sweetcorn2 cans red beans2 chili peppers, chopped (without the seeds)1 teaspoon of paprica2 teaspoons of ground cumin1 teaspoon of piri piri sauce1 cinnamon stickFresh coriander (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Olive Oil (to taste)2 cups of warm waterCoriander (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Place a pan on the stove with olive oil, enough to cover the bottom.
- Add the onion and garlic and let it soften.
- Then add the paprica, cumin, piri piri sauce, pepper to taste and cinnamon stick.
- Now add the previously drained and chopped tomatoes and the chili peppers and cook for 3 minutes.
- Finally add the mushrooms, corn and beans, with 2 glasses of warm water and add salt to taste.
- After boiling, let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Taste, adjust the seasonings and garnish with coriander.