Portuguese Fried Green Beans Recipe
Posted in: Xtra RecipesMon, May 10, 2021
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
Views: 7805 - Comments 0
1 pound of green beans3 cups of oil, for frying3/4 cup of all puprose flour2 cups of water1 teaspoon of salt2 eggsSalt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Bring a saucepan with a cup of water and a teaspoon of salt to a boil.
- Add the beans to the pot of boiling water and cook until almost tender but still slightly crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the beans once done and transfer them to a bowl with cold water for about a minute.
- Once done, place them on paper towels to dry.
- Now heat the oil in a deep fryer or a large saucepan to 200C or 400F.
- Combine the flour, cup of water, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and whisk until the batter reaches a smooth and even consistency.
- One by one, dip the green beans in this batter and then immediately fry them in the fryer until golden brown.
- Once each one is done place them on paper towels to dry.
- Sprinkle the deep-fried green beans with salt to taste and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: easyportugueserecipes.com