This delicious Portuguese pudding recipe (pudim da avózinha) is the best pudding you will ever eat.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 and 1/2 cups of cream2 lemons, peel only3 tablespoons of sugar1 and 1/2 cups of condensed milk8 eggs1 tablespoon of cornstarchZest of 1 lemonLiquid caramel (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Pour the cream in a saucepan with the lemon peel and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF.
- In a bowl pour the condensed milk, the eggs, the cornstarch flour and the lemon zest and mix everything with a wire whisk.
- Discard the lemon peels in the warm cream and pour the cream over the the condensed milk preparion, stirring constantly.
- Pour this preparation into the previously caramelized pudding form and bake in a water bath for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and unmold only once cold.
You might also like:
The best places to visit in Portugal in 2022. Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain.
If you are travelling to Madeira Island, you have to watch this amazing Madeira food tour.
Portugal is an important tourist destination in Europe and the world. Visiting this beautiful country is to discover a remarkably diverse destination. Let's take a look at the best 10 places to visit in Portugal.