Portuguese Grandma's Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesMon, May 17, 2021
4 out of 5 with 12 ratings
2 and 1/2 cups of cream2 lemons, peel only3 tablespoons of sugar1 and 1/2 cups of condensed milk8 eggs1 tablespoon of cornstarchZest of 1 lemonLiquid caramel (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Pour the cream in a saucepan with the lemon peel and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF.
- In a bowl pour the condensed milk, the eggs, the cornstarch flour and the lemon zest and mix everything with a wire whisk.
- Discard the lemon peels in the warm cream and pour the cream over the the condensed milk preparion, stirring constantly.
- Pour this preparation into the previously caramelized pudding form and bake in a water bath for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and unmold only once cold.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Pat - 1 Month ago
I would love to try it as it’s different to the one I used before. With condensed milk and lemon. But I don’t see how to do the caramel ?