Portuguese Potato Salad Recipe
Posted in: Salads
Nov 30, 2015
4 out of 5 with 8 ratings
2 1/2 lbs potatoes (any you prefer)1/2 small onion finely chopped1 cup frozen petite peas1 cup chopped carrots about 1/4 inch cubes1 cup frozen cut green beans (optional)1 tbsp minced parsley1 tbsp salt1/2 tsp pepper1/2 tsp garlic powder2 tbsp Italian salad dressing1/2 – 1 cup mayonnaise1/2 tsp paprika6 hard boiled eggs (optional
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. (You may also leave skins on but scrub them well before cooking)
- Place the potatoes into salted water and let them come to a boil. After about 5 minutes add the carrots, and green beans.
- Let them come to another boil and cook for about 5 more minutes. Taste one piece of potato to be sure its almost done.
- Add peas and onions during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and let the mixture cool.
- When cool, add the remaining ingredients except eggs. Toss the ingredients or fold with plastic spatula. (Stir gently not to break the potatoes apart)
- (Chop eggs into fourths and add to mixture if desired)
- Place into serving dish and garnish with parsley and a sprinkle of paprika.
- The salad can be served at room temperature or chilled the next day.