Easy Shrimp Mozambique Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesThu, Aug 12, 2021
5 out of 5 with 17 ratings
Views: 14221 - Comments 4
This easy shrimp Mozambique recipe is a zesty shrimp with a saffron and garlic based sauce, great served over or with a side of rice.
4 tablespoons of butter1/4 cup of finely chopped onion1/2 cup of water1 lemon, juiced8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped2 (1.41 ounce) packages of sazon seasoning with saffronSalt and ground black pepper (to taste)1/2 (12 ounce) bottle of beer2 teaspoons of hot sauce (such as piri piri or tabasco®)1 lb of uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined Get Portuguese ingredients
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until slightly golden (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the water, lemon juice, garlic, sazon, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in beer and stir.
- Add the hot sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink (about 3 minutes).
- Serve over or with a side of rice.
Recipe & Photo Credit: tstewartgrl, allrecipes.com
Madeline - 1 Year ago
I love shrimp and can't wait to try this recipe--sounds easy and so delicious...
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Good Madeline, enjoy.
1 Year ago (+0) (-1)