Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Posted in: CakesFri, Aug 13, 2021
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Views: 8114 - Comments 2
1 cup of white sugar2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour3 tablespoons cornstarch1/4 teaspoon of salt1 and 1/2 cups of water2 lemons, juiced and zested2 tablespoons of butter4 egg yolks, beaten1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked4 egg whites6 tablespoons of white sugar Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
Make the Lemon Filling:
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil, then stir in the butter.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture, now add this to the remaining sugar mixture in the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick.
- Remove from heat and pour the filling into the baked pie crust.
Make the Meringue:
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Emilie S., allrecipes.com
Julia guarino - 1 Year ago
Eduardo, you are the best. I love all your receipes. I get fat making them.
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Hahahaha, sorry Julia. :-)
1 Year ago (+0) (-0)