Portuguese chickpea soup (sopa de grão de bico) is a deliciously filling soup from Portugal that is super easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 lb of chickpeas, peeled and cooked2 onions, grated5 tablespoons of olive oil6 cloves of garlic , crushed3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and crushed1 carrot, peeled and finely grated3 leaves of green cabbage, finely chopped3 potatoes, finely grated1 tablespoon of ground cumin2 cubes of vegetable bouillon1 bunch of cilantro, choppedJuice of 1 lemon6 cups of water Get Portuguese ingredients
- Boil the water, dissolve the two cubes of bouillon and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Brown the onion and garlic for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, carrot and cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas and cilantro, mix well and add the hot broth you set aside earlier.
- Cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Divide the soup in two, and purée one half with a hand blender.
- Return the purée to the pot with the half you didn't blend, stir well and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the soup with a dash of lemon juice.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
These 5 affordable last minute kitchen gift ideas are available on both Amazon US and Amazon Canada, you will be redirected to whichever country you are from when clicking on a item.
This list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese pork recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca was compiled using the amount of views.
On this video, Pedro Ramos from Cooking Like Ramos shows you how to make an easy Portuguese seafood rice (arroz de marisco).