This delicious petinga frita (small fried sardines) recipe is easy to make, serve with a side of tomato rice.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 lbs of petingas (small sardines)Salt (to taste)2 lemons, juice onlyAll purpose flourFrying oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash the small sardines and season them with salt and lemon juice.
- Place enough flour on a plate to coat all the sardines.
- Shake any excess salt from the sardines, pass them through the flour and fry them in hot oil.
- Drain them on a sheet of absorbent paper and then serve them accompanied with tomato rice.
- You can drizzle a little more lemon juice over the sardines when serving.
1 year ago, Wednesday, March 9, 2022
Try putting some crushed red pepper before the flour.
2 years ago, Wednesday, September 29, 2021
You might also like:
It's just a fact: the best breads die young. For this reason, we've all wondered how to keep bread fresh at one time or another.
How to make Portuguese pimenta moída, translated as ground pepper or crushed pepper in English, holds a significant place in Portuguese cuisine, contributing both flavor and heat to a variety of dishes.
Top 20 places to visit in Portugal .