Gorete's Portuguese Rapini Soup with Chouriço Recipe
Posted in: SoupsSat, Nov 13, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 4866 - Comments 0
1 whole hot chouriço sausage1 (540 ml) can of white kidney beans or (540 ml) can pinto beans1 (900 ml) carton of chicken broth4 large potatoes, diced1 bunch rapini1⁄2 teaspoon paprika1 teaspoon of tomato paste1 teaspoon of saltGround black pepper (to taste)8 cups of cold water Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash the rapini and cut off the florets, saving them for another day or add them to the soup with the stalks.
- Remove the tough stems from the rapini leaves and reserve.
- Stack the leaves, then cut them into thin strips and set aside.
- Rinse the can of beans.
- In a large pot, add the broth, water, chouriço, potatoes, rapini stems that have been reserved, beans and seasonings then simmer until the potatoes are almost tender.
- At this point, remove the rapini stems and discard.
- Add the chopped rapini leaves to the soup, and simmer over medium/low heat until the rapini is cooked.
- Adjust for salt and pepper if desired.
- If you like, you can slice the chouriço sausage into slices and add it back to the finished soup.
- I like to serve mine on the side, allowing people to add what they like.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete, food.com