Gorete's Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs Recipe
Posted in: PastaSun, Nov 14, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 3442 - Comments 0
This Italian spaghetti and meatballs recipe is from a Pasquale cookbook and is the one my girls enjoy the most.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||1 h|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of ground veal or 1 lb of beef1⁄8 cup of Italian breadcrumbs1⁄2 teaspoon of salt1 pinch of pepper1⁄2 teaspoon of garlic powder1⁄4 teaspoon of nutmeg1⁄4 teaspoon of chili powder1⁄4 cup of olive oil1 onion, finely chopped1 garlic clove, finely chopped2 cups of tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped3⁄4 cup of chicken stock1⁄4 cup of red wine2 tablespoons of tomato paste1⁄2 teaspoon of garlic powderSalt and pepper (to taste)1 lb of spaghetti, cooked and drained4 ounces parmesan cheese, gratedOil, enough to cover bottom of frying pan Get Portuguese ingredients
- Combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and chili powder, then form the mixture into small balls with the palms of your hands.
- Heat some oil in frying pan, and cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and brown all over.
- Add tomatoes, stock, wine, tomato paste, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place cooked pasta on a heated platter.
- Pour some sauce and meat balls over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve immediately.
Note:Sometimes I will make extra meatballs and flash freeze them, then store them in plastic bags. When I'm ready to use them, I make the sauce and add the frozen meatballs to the sauce allowing for a longer cooking time.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete, food.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015