These Portuguese cod fish cakes (bolinhos de bacalhau) are very popular and a favorite amongst Portuguese people.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 cups of salt cod fish, cooked and shredded3 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed10 parsley sprigs, finely chopped1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped5 teaspoons of red pepper sauce (to taste)4 eggs, if it's to hard, add moreOil, for frying2 garlic cloves (for potatoes)1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (for potatoes) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Rinse the salt off of the cod fish.
- Cover the cod with cold water and soak for 24 hours, changing water two or three times.
- Drain off the water.
- In a saucepan, cover the cod with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, and when cool enough to handle, remove any skin and bones, then shred it.
- In a saucepan, boil the peeled potatoes in salted water with 2 garlic cloves and hot pepper flakes just until tender, then drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients until well mixed using a hand mixer.
- Taste it, and adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
- Heat frying pan and add a bit of oil.
- Form a small patty and fry over medium heat.
- When the bottom turns golden brown, flip and fry the other side.
- Continue making the cakes, stirring the mixture often, adding oil as needed.
- Drain the cakes on paper towels.
- Cakes can be served hot or at room temperature.
I am so glad I found this recipe my Grandma made these for me when I was a little guy an can't wait to make them thank you for the recipe
1 year ago, Tuesday, September 27, 2022
My comment comes to you in the form of a question... I have had no luck finding salted cod. I will attempt this recipe with fresh cod instead. My question refers to the method. Is there an air fryer option, and if so, what adjustments would I need to make it work?
1 year ago, Tuesday, July 26, 2022
I've found that if I put the in the air fryer, they come out just as good and not greasy.
1 year ago, Monday, March 28, 2022
You might also like:
It's time to talk about kale benefits and why kale is a superfood. In this video, we will list for you exactly 14 health benefits of kale that make it a superfood. Kale benefits have been hyped for the last decade.
The best pumpkin pie , Thanksgiving dessert, see our secrets for a crisp crust and the best pumpkin pie filling!
It only takes 30 minutes to make these 3 ingredient coconut cupcakes which are a treat for anytime of the day, enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
How to make a Portuguese white bean tart, known as Tarte de Feijão in Portuguese, is a delectable dessert that originates from Portugal.
Trying the local and most authentic foods when you travel should always be a top priority! It's one of the best ways to experience local culture. Today, I got to try the very best local cuisine Madeira has to offer.
Portugal is famous for its delicious dishes prepared with the most varied flavours, accompanied with some good and unforgettable sauces. Here is a list of the 8 best steakhouses in Lisbon.