Conceição's Portuguese Homemade Bread Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesWed, Nov 17, 2021
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
- Mix the yeast with the warm water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl, make a hole in the middle, pour the yeast/water, and knead well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic film and let it rise for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C or 445°F.
- On a floured surface, place the dough by pulling one end of the dough towards the center and then the other.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times.
- Form a ball (in this case I did 4) and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place on a tray sprinkled with flour, make a shallow cut and bake for about 30 minutes depending on the oven.