Conceição's Portuguese Homemade Bread Recipe
Posted in: BreadsWed, Nov 17, 2021
4 out of 5 with 19 ratings
Views: 16318 - Comments 4
500g or 4 cups of all purpose flour10g or 1 tablespoon of baker's yeast10g or 1 tablespoon of salt400ml or 1 and 3/4 cups of warm water Get Portuguese ingredients
- Mix the yeast with the warm water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl, make a hole in the middle, pour the yeast/water, and knead well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic film and let it rise for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C or 445°F.
- On a floured surface, place the dough by pulling one end of the dough towards the center and then the other.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times.
- Form a ball (in this case I did 4) and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place on a tray sprinkled with flour, make a shallow cut and bake for about 30 minutes depending on the oven.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Conceição Fernandes, novelodearte.blogspot.com
Mishka lebear - 2 Months ago
I made this. Great recipe. Family loved them. Don't know if this happens, when first taken out crus extremely hard but then soften to a great crust. Question : after shaping the rolls and resting for 10 minutes, can they rest on the floured tray? Thanks so much. Oh posted pic on Facebook
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Hi Mishka, yes it should be fine.
2 Months ago (+0) (-0)