Gorete's Portuguese Chouriço Spread Recipe
Posted in: Pork RecipesSat, Nov 20, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
- Place the whole chouriço sausages in a large saucepan and add the water, making sure the sausages are covered.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the sausages are tender, around 30 minutes,.
- Chop the cooked sausages into large chunks then add to the food processor.
- Process the sausages adding some of the broth, as needed, to moisten the mixture.
- Depending on the machine you use, the sausages may need to be processed in batches.
- Once all of the chouriço has been processed, transfer the mixture to a bowl then start adding the butter.
- Add a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you like.
- Use as little or as much as you want.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.