Gorete's Portuguese Chouriço Spread Recipe
Posted in: PorkSat, Nov 20, 2021
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Views: 11191 - Comments 1
This is delicious on a sandwich or used as a spread on sliced bread or a bun. I save the broth from cooking the chouriço to make soup.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
4 hot Portuguese chouriço sausages8 or 10 cups of water1⁄4 cup of butter, or more Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the whole chouriço sausages in a large saucepan and add the water, making sure the sausages are covered.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the sausages are tender, around 30 minutes,.
- Chop the cooked sausages into large chunks then add to the food processor.
- Process the sausages adding some of the broth, as needed, to moisten the mixture.
- Depending on the machine you use, the sausages may need to be processed in batches.
- Once all of the chouriço has been processed, transfer the mixture to a bowl then start adding the butter.
- Add a tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you like.
- Use as little or as much as you want.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete, food.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015