This Hungarian creamed spinach recipe is delicious served with potato pancakes and veal schnitzel.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 (16 ounce) package of fresh spinach (154 g)3⁄4 teaspoon of salt (or to taste)1 small onion, finely diced2 cups of water1 and 1⁄2 cups of reserved spinach cooking water1 tablespoon of lard or vegetable shortening1 tablespoon of flour5 tablespoons of sour cream Get Portuguese ingredients
- Boil the spinach leaves in the 2 cups of water with the salt and onions.
- After the spinach is cooked, strain and reserve the water.
- Slightly chop the spinach and set aside.
- In another pan, heat the lard and flour and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add 1 cup of the spinach water.
- Mix in the cooked spinach and return to the stove.
- Heat the mixture to almost boiling point, just before the mixture starts to boil, blend in the sour cream.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for several minutes.
Note: Add more of the remaining spinach water if a thinner mixture is preferred.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese bifanas. This savory pork sandwich with sauteed onions on a crusty papo seco (Portuguese roll) will melt in your mouth.
This how to make bolo do caco from Madeira Island cooking video shows you how to make this delicious bread step by step.
Our Lady of Fátima, formally known as Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Fátima, is a Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary based on the Marian apparitions reported in 1917 by three shepherd children at the Cova da...