These delicious Azorean African, cocoa and coconut balls (bolas Africanas) are simple to make and a traditional sweet in the island of S. Miguel, Azores.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1 liter of milk500 gr or 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar3 tablespoons of cocoa powder2 tablespoons of butter400 gr or about 3 cups of packed hard bread200 gr or 2 cups of grated coconut Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the milk with sugar until it boils and pour over the crumbly bread.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until the bread is broken down.
- Add 150 gr of grated coconut, the butter and cocoa powder to the preparation and mix well.
- Heat the preparation in a pan always stirring, it takes a good few minutes.
- It's ready when the mixture is dry and when you can see the bottom of the pan when stirring.
- Remove from the heat, allow it to cool completely and form small balls.
- Roll the balls in grated coconut.
- Place in paper cups and serve.
What kind of bread. Thanks Maria
1 year ago, Sunday, December 12, 2021
You might also like:
Learn how to make Portuguese milk tarts, there are many different types of tarts in Portugal and these are very popular.
Watch this amazing video of flying into Europe's most dangerous airport in Madeira and meet co pilot and first officer Patricia.
This list of the top 10 most popular Portuguese pork recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca was compiled using the amount of views.