Azorean Bolas Africanas Recipe
Posted in: Xtra RecipesSun, Dec 12, 2021
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
1 liter of milk500 gr or 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar3 tablespoons of cocoa powder2 tablespoons of butter400 gr or about 3 cups of packed hard bread200 gr or 2 cups of grated coconut * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Heat the milk with sugar until it boils and pour over the crumbly bread.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until the bread is broken down.
- Add 150 gr of grated coconut, the butter and cocoa powder to the preparation and mix well.
- Heat the preparation in a pan always stirring, it takes a good few minutes.
- It's ready when the mixture is dry and when you can see the bottom of the pan when stirring.
- Remove from the heat, allow it to cool completely and form small balls.
- Roll the balls in grated coconut.
- Place in paper cups and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!