Portuguese Style Chouriço Spaghetti Recipe
Posted in: Pasta & Pizza
Nov 30, 2015
3 out of 5 with 58 ratings
2 large onions, sliced and cut into quarters2 tablespoons of olive oil2 tablespoons minced garlic1 pound ground beef1 pound ground Linguica or Chouriço (Portuguese Sausage)1 teaspoon salt½ teaspoon black pepper1 28oz can crushed tomatoes, ground peeled (Chunky Style)¼ cup soy sauce½ teaspoon dry basil1 pound spaghetti, cooked in water Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with a little oil to keep it moist. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat add olive oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the meat and chouriço, salt and pepper and sauté until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomato, soy sauce and basil and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for an hour stirring occasionally.
- Combine spaghetti with sauce and serve.