Portuguese Drunk Pears (Peras Bebedas) Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesFri, Jan 7, 2022
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
3/4 cup of sugar1 and 3/4 cups of Red wine1 lemon peel1 cinnamon stick1 star anise6 small rock pears1/4 cup of Port wine * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place the sugar, red wine, lemon peel, cinnamon stick and star anise in a small saucepan.
- Peel the pears leaving only the stalk and place them in the pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Turn the pears from time to time.
- Remove the pears to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the Port wine to the syrup and let it boil until it reduces and starts to thicken.
- Remove the lemon peel, cinnamon stick and anise star and pour the syrup over the pears and let it cool.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!