This Spanish mushrooms and patatas bravas recipe is often served as part of a tapas selection, but you can also enjoy them as a common side dish.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
500g or about 1 lb of white button mushrooms500g or about 1 lb of potatoesOlive oil for fryingFine sea saltHandful of fresh parsley, choppedSauce:340g or 3/4 lb of Italian crushed tomatoes1 teaspoon of sherry vinegar3 cloves of garlic, grated1 teaspoon of paprika1 or 2 teaspoons of SrirachaSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for serving.
Mushrooms & Potatoes:
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 2 cm cubes.
- Pre-cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until just tender then drain.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 200°C.
- Transfer potatoes to the oil in batches and fry until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes onto a paper towel and sprinkle with fine sea salt.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters and repeat the frying process until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt while still hot.
- Toss the mushrooms and potatoes together with the chopped parsley.
- Pile onto plates and serve with plenty of spicy sauce.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos shows you how to make Portuguese bean and pork stew (Feijoada à Transmontana), and it includes te written recipe.
Michael Santos shows you how to make pasteis de Santa Clara (pastries from Coimbra) on this video and it includes the written recipe.
Watch Nancy step by step as she shows you how to make carne de porco à Alentejana (Portuguese pork and clams).