Spanish Mushrooms & Patatas Bravas Recipe
Posted in: Side RecipesThu, Jan 13, 2022
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
500g or about 1 lb of white button mushrooms500g or about 1 lb of potatoesOlive oil for fryingFine sea saltHandful of fresh parsley, choppedSauce:340g or 3/4 lb of Italian crushed tomatoes1 teaspoon of sherry vinegar3 cloves of garlic, grated1 teaspoon of paprika1 or 2 teaspoons of SrirachaSalt (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for serving.
Mushrooms & Potatoes:
- Peel and dice the potatoes into 2 cm cubes.
- Pre-cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water until just tender then drain.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until a thermometer reads 200°C.
- Transfer potatoes to the oil in batches and fry until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes onto a paper towel and sprinkle with fine sea salt.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters and repeat the frying process until they are golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt while still hot.
- Toss the mushrooms and potatoes together with the chopped parsley.
- Pile onto plates and serve with plenty of spicy sauce.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!