A typical Portuguese dish, bacalhau (cod) à Minhota will be a guaranteed hit at the table with the whole family.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cod fillets (presoaked)8 cloves of garlic, peeled and cut into thin slices4 onions, peeled and cut into thin slices6 potatoes, peeled and cut into slices1/2 cup of olive oilPaprika (to taste)Pepper (to taste)Olives (to taste)Oil (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- With a cloth, dry the cod fillets very well.
- Sprinkle them with paprika and pepper and fry them in oil (previously heated over modium heat).
- Turn them over with a slotted spoon and let them brown on both sides.
- Remove the cod and drain on absorbent paper.
- In the same oil, fry the potatoes and drain on absorbent paper once done.
- Heat the olive oil in a different pan and saute the onions and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Place the cod fillets and potatoes on a serving platter and top with the onion and garlic mix.
- Garnish with olives and accompany with sautéed greens.
Yummy. How my mom taught me was like a potatoe salad. Boil cod and boil potatoes. Chop up add purple onion use oil and vinager and sobered pepper flakes. It so good
1 year ago, Monday, February 21, 2022
You might also like:
On this tutorial video, Sonia from Giallozafferano Italian Recipes, shows you how to clean a octopus and eat it at its best.
Over the years, the Azoreans have developed a cultivation technique that is 100% free of chemical products. The result is considered to be one of the best pineapples in the world.
Portugal's tastiest sandwich - the Francesinha, was invented in the 1950s at a Porto restaurant called A Regaleira by Daniel Silva.