This very simple soft coconut cake (bolo de coco) is delicious and easy to make, perfect for any time of the day.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:3/4 cup of all-purpose flour1 and 1/4 cups of grated coconut2 eggs1/2 cup of sugarA little less then 1/2 cup of milk1/4 cup of sunflower oil2 teaspoons of baking powderLemon zest (to taste)Topping:1 tablespoon of jam (to taste)1 tablespoon of lemon liqueur1 tablespoon of grated coconut Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven at 180°C or 350°F.
- With the help of an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until fluffy and whitish.
- Whisking constantly, mix the oil and milk and the zest of the lemon.
- Gradually add the flour and coconut, along with the baking powder while mixing.
- Grease a round cake pan and dust with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test to make sure it's baked.
- Once ready, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- Place one or two tablespoons of jam in a pan (the most suitable is apricot, peach, lemon or orange jam).
- Add the tablespoon of liqueur and a little water if necessary.
- Heat for a few minutes on low heat, just to make the jelly more liquidy.
- Brush the cake over the top and sides with it.
- Finally sprinkle the coconut over it.
You might also like:
When you think about the Portuguese dishes and traditional Portuguese food, what comes to mind?
How to make Portuguese rice cakes, known as bolos de arroz, are delightful muffins that have enchanted taste buds for generations.
Here is Tia Maria's easy recipe for CALDO VERDE using Kale as a substitute.