Soft Coconut & Jam Cake Recipe
Posted in: CakesWed, Feb 23, 2022
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 4116 - Comments 2
Cake:3/4 cup of all-purpose flour1 and 1/4 cups of grated coconut2 eggs1/2 cup of sugarA little less then 1/2 cup of milk1/4 cup of sunflower oil2 teaspoons of baking powderLemon zest (to taste)Topping:1 tablespoon of jam (to taste)1 tablespoon of lemon liqueur1 tablespoon of grated coconut Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven at 180°C or 350°F.
- With the help of an electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until fluffy and whitish.
- Whisking constantly, mix the oil and milk and the zest of the lemon.
- Gradually add the flour and coconut, along with the baking powder while mixing.
- Grease a round cake pan and dust with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test to make sure it's baked.
- Once ready, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- Place one or two tablespoons of jam in a pan (the most suitable is apricot, peach, lemon or orange jam).
- Add the tablespoon of liqueur and a little water if necessary.
- Heat for a few minutes on low heat, just to make the jelly more liquidy.
- Brush the cake over the top and sides with it.
- Finally sprinkle the coconut over it.
Recipe & Photo Credit: blog.giallozafferano.it/pelledipollo
Dee - 11 Months ago
It calls for yeast?
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Thank you for catching that Dee, it was a typo, I have updated the recipe. 🙂👍
11 Months ago (+0) (-0)