Grandma Ople's apple pie recipe will become your favorite, it has won several first place prizes in local competitions.
1 pie pastry for a 9 inch pie including the lattice top crust1/2 cup of unsalted butter3 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/4 cup of water1/2 cup of white sugar1/2 cup of packed brown sugar8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and slicedGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour to form a paste, add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil then reduce the temperature and let it simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with the apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Please Leave a Comment