Grandma Ople's apple pie recipe will become your favorite, it has won several first place prizes in local competitions.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 pie pastry for a 9 inch pie including the lattice top crust1/2 cup of unsalted butter3 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/4 cup of water1/2 cup of white sugar1/2 cup of packed brown sugar8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in the flour to form a paste, add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil then reduce the temperature and let it simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Fill with the apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
You might also like:
On this video Tia Maria shows you how to make Portuguese arroz doce (rice pudding) step by step.
Learn how to make the best Portuguese custard tarts (pasteis de nata) with Michael Santos.
Aprenda a fazer esta receita de feijoada à Portuguesa.