This Portuguese clams with tomato sauce recipe (receita de amêijoa branca com molho de tomate) is easy to make and delicious.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of white clams, soaked in cold water and seasoned with salt for 2 hours1/4 cup of olive oil1 small onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, minced2 ripe tomatoes, skinned, cut into cubes3 chili peppers2 tablespoons of tomato sauce1/2 cup of white wineParsley (to taste), choppedSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, onion, garlic and chili peppers and stir.
- When the onions are sautéed, add the cubed tomato and stir.
- When the tomato is soft and falling apart, add the tomato sauce and white wine.
- Stir and let it sauté a little longer until the alcohol evaporates and the sauce is refined.
- Add the well-washed and drained clams.
- Season with a little salt (to taste) and add a little chopped parsley.
- Mix everything very well.
- Cover and cook over high heat until the shells open.
- Stir occasionally so the seasoning is evenly spread.
- When the clams are open, turn off the heat and sprinkle with a little more parsley.
- (Disgard any clams that did not open.)
next time I go shellfishing I am going to try this recipe, have been trying for a long time to re-create the Portuguese clam recipe from Antonio's in Nb, have'nt got it yet. Can I post an old post card of Lajes Field from the late 50's?
1 year ago, Sunday, March 6, 2022
You might also like:
Winter / Christmas in Lisbon, Portugal. One of the best things about Portugal during the winter season is that the country is not covered by the dark skies – this makes it stand apart from other countries in Europe.
Cooking measurements can vary depending on where you are located in the world. However, some of the most common cooking measurements used in recipes include.
Portugal is famous for its delicious dishes prepared with the most varied flavours, accompanied with some good and unforgettable sauces. Here is a list of the 8 best steakhouses in Lisbon.