Neuza's Portuguese Clams with Tomato Sauce Recipe
Posted in: SeafoodFri, Mar 4, 2022
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
Views: 6575 - Comments 2
2 lbs of white clams, soaked in cold water and seasoned with salt for 2 hours1/4 cup of olive oil1 small onion, chopped2 garlic cloves, minced2 ripe tomatoes, skinned, cut into cubes3 chili peppers2 tablespoons of tomato sauce1/2 cup of white wineParsley (to taste), choppedSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, onion, garlic and chili peppers and stir.
- When the onions are sautéed, add the cubed tomato and stir.
- When the tomato is soft and falling apart, add the tomato sauce and white wine.
- Stir and let it sauté a little longer until the alcohol evaporates and the sauce is refined.
- Add the well-washed and drained clams.
- Season with a little salt (to taste) and add a little chopped parsley.
- Mix everything very well.
- Cover and cook over high heat until the shells open.
- Stir occasionally so the seasoning is evenly spread.
- When the clams are open, turn off the heat and sprinkle with a little more parsley.
- (Disgard any clams that did not open.)
Recipe & Photo Credit: saborintenso.com
William Chase - 1 Year ago
next time I go shellfishing I am going to try this recipe, have been trying for a long time to re-create the Portuguese clam recipe from Antonio's in Nb, have'nt got it yet. Can I post an old post card of Lajes Field from the late 50's?
[reply] (+1) (-0)
That's awesome William. Yes, you can post it as a comment here if you're logged in or on the Facebook group as a comment as well.
1 Year ago (+0) (-0)