This delicious Portuguese roasted rabbit with potatoes recipe (receita de coelho assado com batatas) is ready in about 1 hour, ideal for for a week or weekend family meal.
1 rabbit, cut into pieces1 and 1/2 lbs of small potatoes1 onion, cut into half moons3 cloves of garlic, chopped1/2 cup of olive oil1/4 cup of lard (you can also use butter)1 cup of white wine1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper sauce (pimenta moida)1 bay leafChopped parsley (to taste)Salt (to taste)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, white wine, garlic, onion, bay leaf and pepper sauce and season with salt.
- Add the rabbit to the marinade bowl, mix it well in the marinade and let it sit for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Place the rabbit on a oven dish with a little of the marinade, add the lard or butter (in small pieces) over the rabbit and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the dish with the rabbit and coat them well with the marinade.
- Bake the rabit for 30 minutes or until everything is cooked (drizzle the remaining marinade over the rabbit as it cooks).
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Please Leave a Comment