This simple crumb cake is the best I ever tasted. The cake is so moist, and there is a ton of buttery crumb topping to die for.
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix2/3 cup of water3 eggs1/2 cup of butter, softened1 and 1/3 cups of packed brown sugar1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, or to taste1 tablespoon of vanilla extract1 and 1/2 cups of butter4 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour1 tablespoon of confectioners' sugar for dusting (Optional)Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C.
- Grease a 12x18-inch jellyroll pan.
- Beat the yellow cake mix, water, eggs, and 1/2 cup softened butter together with an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared jellyroll pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cake are light brown but the middle of the cake is still slightly gooey, 15 to 17 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, butter, and flour together in a large bowl until the mixture forms medium crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and press about 3/4 of the crumb topping onto the top of the almost-baked cake and reserve the remaining topping.
- Return the cake to the oven, and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumb topping is firm and the cake is cooked all the way through.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining crumb topping.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Please Leave a Comment
There are no comments for this recipe.