This simple crumb cake is the best I ever tasted. The cake is so moist, and there is a ton of buttery crumb topping to die for.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||1 h 45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix2/3 cup of water3 eggs1/2 cup of butter, softened1 and 1/3 cups of packed brown sugar1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, or to taste1 tablespoon of vanilla extract1 and 1/2 cups of butter4 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour1 tablespoon of confectioners' sugar for dusting (Optional) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175°C.
- Grease a 12x18-inch jellyroll pan.
- Beat the yellow cake mix, water, eggs, and 1/2 cup softened butter together with an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared jellyroll pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the cake are light brown but the middle of the cake is still slightly gooey, 15 to 17 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, butter, and flour together in a large bowl until the mixture forms medium crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and press about 3/4 of the crumb topping onto the top of the almost-baked cake and reserve the remaining topping.
- Return the cake to the oven, and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumb topping is firm and the cake is cooked all the way through.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining crumb topping.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.
This papas (Portuguese porridge) recipe from Just Cook with Michael Santos is easy, quick to make and delicious.
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.