This cake uses soft sponge cake lady fingers. If you can't find them at the grocery store, slice up a sponge cake and use that instead.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||2 h|
|Ready In||2 h 15 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
3 (8 ounce) packages of sponge cake fingers (lady fingers)2 cups (250g) of whipping cream8 ounces of cream cheese, softened1⁄2 cup of sugar1 19 ounce or (540ml) can of cherry pie filling Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together using an electric beater until creamy.
- Gradually pour in the whipping cream, beating until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form (do not overbeat).
- Line the sides then the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan with the row of lady fingers.
- Fill in any gaps on the bottom with pieces of the lady fingers (do not leave spaces between the fingers).
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over the lady fingers.
- Cover the cheese with another layer of lady fingers, then pour the remaining cheese mixture on top.
- Carefully spoon the pie filling on top of the cheese mixture, covering it completely and being careful not to touch the sides.
- Refrigerate the cake for several hours or overnight before serving.
- Remove the cake from the spring form and place it on a serving dish when ready to serve.
like the texture and ratio of cream cheese, whipping cream, sugar & vanilla extract
1 year ago, Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Hello, I was wondering where to buy those soft lady fingers, in ontario Canada
1 year ago, Friday, April 1, 2022
You might also like:
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.
This is a list of the 10 most popular Portuguese stews on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
25 Interesting facts about the Azores, a group of nine islands that have been a popular stop in the Atlantic Ocean since the early days of transatlantic exploration.