This delicious Portuguese pumpkin jam with Port wine recipe (receita de doce de abóbora com vinho do Porto) is easy to make.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 10 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 and 1/2 lbs of pumpkin (weighed after cleaning)3 and 1/2 cups of packed brown sugarZest of an orangeJuice of 1/2 orange1/4 cup of Port Wine3 cinnamon sticks Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the pumpkin and clean it of threads and seeds.
- Cut into very small pieces and place in a pan, with all the other ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil, and let it boil over low heat for approximately one hour, stirring occasionally, until the jam is ready.
- If you don't want all the pieces whole, puree them a little with a magic wand, after removing the cinnamon sticks.
- If you like, at this stage you can add chopped walnuts.
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars, close and turn upside down to create a vacuum.
Ola, I had a question about your Portuguese Pumpkin Jam with Port Wine Recipe? Would I be able to use real Pumpkin purée rather than an entire pumpkin and cook the same way? Thank you
8 months ago, Wednesday, March 15, 2023
You might also like:
Tia Maria's Blog has received millions of visitors and has over 40,000 social media followers from countries around the world.
Portugal, the Europe we didn’t know existed!
This Portuguese torresmos brancos (fried pork belly) is quite simple and all you need is three ingredients: water, coarse sea salt and thickly cut pork belly pieces.