Portuguese Pumpkin Jam with Port Wine Recipe
Posted in: SidesWed, Mar 30, 2022
3 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 4824 - Comments 2
2 and 1/2 lbs of pumpkin (weighed after cleaning)3 and 1/2 cups of packed brown sugarZest of an orangeJuice of 1/2 orange1/4 cup of Port Wine3 cinnamon sticks Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the pumpkin and clean it of threads and seeds.
- Cut into very small pieces and place in a pan, with all the other ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil, and let it boil over low heat for approximately one hour, stirring occasionally, until the jam is ready.
- If you don't want all the pieces whole, puree them a little with a magic wand, after removing the cinnamon sticks.
- If you like, at this stage you can add chopped walnuts.
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars, close and turn upside down to create a vacuum.
Recipe & Photo Credit:: Comidadeconforto
Anabela - 3 Months ago
Ola, I had a question about your Portuguese Pumpkin Jam with Port Wine Recipe? Would I be able to use real Pumpkin purée rather than an entire pumpkin and cook the same way? Thank you
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Yes, as long as the purée equals 2 and 1/2 lbs it’s al good.
3 Months ago (+1) (-0)