These simple and tasty Portuguese butter cookies (biscoitos de manteiga simples e saborosos) are easy to make.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cups of sugar2 and 1⁄4 cups of butter, room temperature5 tablespoons of vegetable oil1 teaspoon of salt5 large eggs, room temperature1 cup of 35% heavy cream10 cups of all-purpose flour1 and 1⁄2 tablespoons of baking powderSugar, for rolling Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 325°F or 160°C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, salt, butter and oil and beat for a minute.
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined.
- Mix in the heavy cream and beat for another minute.
- Switch the beater to a dough hook, then add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix for a couple of minutes until the dough is firm.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take pieces of dough and roll into balls then roll them in sugar.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheets 2" apart, then flatten using a glass.
- Lightly press shapes onto the cookies using small cookie cutters or any other items with patterns.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly coloured.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This young American couple find paradise in Peniche, Portugal, and the Berlenga Island.
Olive oil is extremely beneficial to one's health. Many diseases are cured as a result, and one's appearance improves as well.
Welcome back to Travel, Eat, Repeat hosted by Iz Harris! On today's episode, Iz is in beautiful Porto, Portugal to have more egg tarts and the francesinha sandwich.