This easy to prepare and delicious Portuguese garlic roasted pork recipe (receita de porco assado com alho) makes a great meal for the family.
|Preparation time||25 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of boneless pork loin, cubed1 rack of back ribs, cut into pieces1 cup of white wine1⁄2 cup of lemon juice1⁄4 cup of orange juice2 teaspoons of red crushed pepper sauce (pimenta moída)1 teaspoon of paprika1 teaspoon of ground cumin1 dash of cinnamon4 garlic cloves, minced1⁄2 teaspoon of piri piri hot sauce1 teaspoon of salt1⁄2 teaspoon of black pepper1⁄2 teaspoon of garlic powder8 tablespoons of lard, vegetable shortening or butter2 red peppers, seeded and cut into quarters Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the pork into 2 inch cubes and separate the ribs, then place in a large container with a lid.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients (except the lard, vegetable shortening or butter) and pour over the pork and turn it over to coat it well.
- Let the meat marinade for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator, turning several times.
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and melt the lard, vegetable shortening or butter in the roasting pan.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Add the pork and red peppers to the melted lard, , vegetable shortening or butter and cook covered until the pork is cooked, turning occasionally.
** if you prefer not to use ribs, just increase the amount of pork loin.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese sonhos, a delightful pastry, which translate to dreams in English, are a popular dessert often enjoyed during festive occasions or simply as a comforting indulgence.
How to make homemade papo-secos with DIYwithnancyg, a type of traditional Portuguese bread roll. It is commonly found in Portugal and is a popular choice for sandwiches.
Do you want to know how to select the best beef for your cooking needs? Read on. Whatever method you choose to prepare the beef you pick, the same requirements apply when selecting the meat.