Gorete's Portuguese Garlic Roasted Pork Recipe
Posted in: PorkWed, Apr 6, 2022
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Views: 3501 - Comments 0
2 lbs of boneless pork loin, cubed1 rack of back ribs, cut into pieces1 cup of white wine1⁄2 cup of lemon juice1⁄4 cup of orange juice2 teaspoons of red crushed pepper sauce (pimenta moída)1 teaspoon of paprika1 teaspoon of ground cumin1 dash of cinnamon4 garlic cloves, minced1⁄2 teaspoon of piri piri hot sauce1 teaspoon of salt1⁄2 teaspoon of black pepper1⁄2 teaspoon of garlic powder8 tablespoons of lard, vegetable shortening or butter2 red peppers, seeded and cut into quarters Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the pork into 2 inch cubes and separate the ribs, then place in a large container with a lid.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients (except the lard, vegetable shortening or butter) and pour over the pork and turn it over to coat it well.
- Let the meat marinade for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator, turning several times.
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and melt the lard, vegetable shortening or butter in the roasting pan.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Add the pork and red peppers to the melted lard, , vegetable shortening or butter and cook covered until the pork is cooked, turning occasionally.
** if you prefer not to use ribs, just increase the amount of pork loin.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete