These Portuguese mom's dried fruit and nut broas (broas de frutas secas e nozes da mamãe) are delicious and a favorite amongst many.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2.2 lbs of sweet potato1.1 lb of all purpose flour2 cups of sugar2 eggsCandied and dried fruit (to taste), (raisins, candied cherry, walnuts, pine nuts and almonds)Fennel (to taste)1 tablespoon of baking powder Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cook the sweet potatoes in salted water.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed potatoes and knead well.
- Form buns out of the dough, place on a tray dusted with flour and also sprinkle the buns with a little flour so they don't get too dry.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Whether you are looking for the best places to visit in Portugal, searching for the best things to do in Portugal right now, or adding to your Portugal bucket list for your future trip, we've got you covered on this...
Alheira is a type of Portuguese sausage, made with meats (usually pork, veal, duck, chicken, quail or rabbit) and bread.
These top 5 most popular Portuguese drink recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca are rated by amount of views.