Portuguese Soup (Sopa à Portuguesa) Recipe
Posted in: SoupsSun, May 1, 2022
5 out of 5 with 6 ratings
Views: 10040 - Comments 2
1 small can of red beans1/2 of a small cabbage2 carrots2 turnips1 tomato1 onion2 litres of water3 cloves of garlic1/2 cup of small pasta rings1/2 cup of olive oil1 beef bouillon cube1 sprig of mintSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel and wash the onion and garlic cloves and finely chop them.
- Peel the tomato, discard the seeds and cut it into cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then add the onion and garlic and let it cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is golden brown.
- Then add the beef stock, tomato cubes and the 2 litres of water and bring to a boil.
- Peel and wash the carrots and turnips, cut them into cubes and add them to the pan.
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces and add them to the pan as well.
- Add the mint sprig and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Then add the pasta and let it cook a little more, stirring occasionally, until it is cooked.
- Add the beans, adjust the seasoning, add more water if necessary.
- Bring to a boil again and serve hot.
Recipe & Photo Credit: teleculinaria.pt
Anthony Teixeira - 1 Year ago
Looks great, going to make it this weekend
[reply] (+1) (-0)