This simple and delicious Portuguese cebolada (onions) is great as a side dish or a topping for potatoes, meat or fish.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 onions3 bell peppers, assorted colours (red, yellow & orange)1/4 cup of olive oil2 teaspoons of paprika1/2 teaspoon of garlic powderSalt and pepper (to taste)2/3 cup of white wine Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high.
- Slice the onions into half inch rings, separating the rings.
- Add the onions to the oil, then saute until the onions have softened.
- Cut the peppers into half inch strips, then add to the onions, and saute for several minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and saute until the peppers have softened.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Chef Gorete
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
The Azores are not the most obvious place to consider for a vacation, but they are one that is worth considering if you are looking for something different from the norm.
Portugal has an oversized history, fascinating culture, and boatloads of sardines.
All cooking ingredients are measured with Metric style measuring cup set (1 cup = 250 ml ) size in all recipes on this website.