Learn how to make this delicious and quick orange cake with creamy topping, it makes a great anytime snack or dessert.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Cake:3 eggs3/4 cup (150 g) of sugar1 and 1/2 cups (200 g) of all-purpose flour1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons (150 ml) of orange juiceZest of an orange1 teaspoon of baking powderTopping:1 and 1/2 cups and 3 tablespoons (400 ml) of orange juice1 cup of sugar1 tablespoon of corn starch Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease a Bundt cake pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters) with butter and dust it with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and orange zest on medium speed until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- Then, add the orange juice and mix for 1 to 2 minutes until incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until the mixture is homogeneous and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (time depends on the oven).
- Insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out dry the cake is done.
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold it onto a plate and let it cool.
- Bring everything to a boil in a pan over low heat to thicken a little.
- Cover the cake with the syrup and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Receitas do Mundo Português