This very moist orange cake (bolo de laranja muito húmido) is very fluffy and really delicious.
Cake:6 eggs2 cups of sugar (400 grams)2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour1 teaspoon of baking powderJuice and zest of 1 orange1 large loaf panTopping:Juice of 2 oranges4 tablespoons of sugarSugar to sprinkleGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheated the oven to 200ºC or 390ºF.
- Separate the whites from the yolks, beat the yolks with the sugar, juice and orange zest, until bubbles form.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and beat some more.
- Beat the egg whites separately until it forms peaks, then fold in the egg whites into the batter.
- Place the batter into the pan, greased with margarine.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, insert a toothpick at the end, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold.
- Squeeze the 2 oranges and mix with the sugar well, prick the surface of the cake gently with a fork, pour the topping over it and with the help of a spoon, sprinkle the cake with some sugar (to taste).
Recipe & Photo Credit: Receitas do Mundo Portugues
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!