This Portuguese mother-in-law's cod recipe (receita de bacalhau da sogra) is very creamy and delicious.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 lbs of shredded cod1 package potato straw (small)3 slices of bread1 carrot (large)2 onions (medium)2 garlic cloves2 and 1/2 cups of bechamel sauce3/4 cup of creamOlive oil (to taste)Nutmeg (to taste)Black pepper (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel, wash, grate the carrot and put aside.
- Peel and wash the onions and garlic cloves and cut the onions into half moons and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and garlic and let it cook until the onion is soft.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the cod and mix.
- Cook over low heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potato straw and carrot and mix well.
- Pour the cream into a bowl, cut the bread into pieces, add to the cream, then add to the cod preparation.
- Add the béchamel sauce and adjust the seasoning (check if you need to add a little salt).
- Stir well and remove from heat.
- 9. Pour this mixture onto a baking tray and spread it smoothly.
- Place in the oven to brown (about 15 minutes at 200ºC or 390ºF).
- Remove and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Receitas do Mundo Português
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
CATAVINO Food & Wine Series - What to eat while in Porto, Portugal.
How to make a sweetened condensed milk cake, a delectable dessert that owes its rich and indulgent flavor to the inclusion of sweetened condensed milk as a key ingredient.
Winter / Christmas in Lisbon, Portugal. One of the best things about Portugal during the winter season is that the country is not covered by the dark skies – this makes it stand apart from other countries in Europe.