This is my cousin Lucia's recipe, it is similar to what my mom used to make and it could not be easier.
|Level of Difficulty
6 one day old Portuguese buns1 cup of brewed coffee (to taste)4 eggs2 teaspoons of cinammon3 teaspoons of coacoa powder (sweet or unsweetened)90 ml (2 shots) of Portuguese aguardente or similar5 tablespoons of sugar3 tablespoons of all purpose flour Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C 350°F.
- In a large bowl, break the buns into small pieces and soak them in the coffee.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything well.
- Grease and dust with flour a 9x11 inch baking dish.
- Add the batter to the dish and bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
Recipe Credit: Lucia Teves
Photo Credit: Tudo Gostoso
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
This list of the top 5 Portuguese desserts was compiled by Michael Costa according to his individual taste, don't count the calories lol.
Portugal is easily one of Europe’s most visited countries, thanks in large part to its affordability, ideal holiday weather, and its incomparable attractions.
Learn how to make Anna Olson's delicious pecan butter tarts with this step by step video.